The in-demand hybrid Honda HR-V e:HEV L has only recently gone on sale, but it’s already been slugged with a $2000 price increase.
It’s now priced at $47,000 drive-away, though the base, petrol-powered HR-V Vi X’s price remains unchanged at $36,700 drive-away.
Honda has also put up prices of the larger CR-V which is nearing the end of its life cycle, and the slow-selling Accord sedan, albeit by smaller amounts.
“A number of models/grades in the Honda line-up received pricing adjustments as of August 1, which are reflective of the current market conditions, with demand continuing to exceed forecast production levels and the global supply chain continuing to be impacted by parts shortages, rising raw material and energy prices, and other logistics challenges,” said a spokesperson for Honda Australia.
The company says all customers who signed a contract prior to August 1 will be price protected, regardless of when they take delivery.
“It’s also worth noting, with a build-up of customer orders resulting in extended lead times on a number of vehicles, such as HR-V hybrid and Accord hybrid (both currently at 10 months), recent price changes would only come into effect on vehicles to be delivered well into 2023,” the spokesperson added.
CR-V models are up by between $100 and $300 except for the recently introduced VTi 7 +Luxe special edition. The special Black Edition, also announced late in June, has seen its price increased by $300, however.
While Honda hasn’t increased prices of the Accord VTi-LX hybrid in August (after its hike earlier this year), the petrol model is up by $500, to $57,900 drive-away.
Pricing for the Civic, the only other model in Honda Australia’s line-up, is unchanged.
Honda currently sells just four models, with the Civic available in only a single trim level at the moment. The company will expand the Civic range with an e:HEV hybrid model this year and a new Type R flagship in early 2023.
In 2023, Honda will also introduce a new crossover to slot between the HR-V and CR-V, likely the recently revealed ZR-V. A new generation of CR-V has also been revealed overseas, but it’ll be more than 12 months before it comes here.
- 2022 Honda Civic VTi-LX: $47,200
- 2022 Honda Accord VTi-LX petrol: $57,900 (+$500)
- 2022 Honda Accord VTi-LX hybrid: $61,900
- 2022 Honda HR-V Vi X petrol: $36,700
- 2022 Honda HR-V e:HEV L hybrid: $47,000 (+$2000)
- 2022 Honda CR-V Vi: $35,900 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi: $38,900 (+$100)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi 7: $40,900 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi X: $41,900 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi 7 +Luxe: $43,700
- 2022 Honda CR-V Black Edition: $44,900 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi L AWD: $46,200 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi L7: $49,500 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi LX AWD: $53,600
All prices are drive-away.